Science and Technology Policy Institute Fellowship
This two-year fellowship provides recent bachelor’s degree recipients with a unique opportunity to use their critical thinking and analytic skills to work on a diverse set of challenges in science and technology (S&T) policy areas, including energy and the environment, space sciences, innovation and competitiveness, evaluation, life sciences, information technologies, national security, and STEM education. Fellows will be involved in collaborative research for leaders in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) in the Executive Office of the President and other Federal Government organizations, such as the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health.
Fellows work with teams of researchers to support a wide variety of S&T policy-related tasks. Over the course of the fellowship, fellows will have opportunities to develop professionally through the following types of activities:
- Participation in analyses that support tasking from Federal Government policymakers
- Training on specific analytical methods and tools
- Involvement in workshops and discussion on relevant topics
- Attendance and presentation at select professional society meetings
- Interaction with OSTP and other Federal science agency personnel
- Mentorship from members of the STPI research staff
Fellows will also have an opportunity to work on one independent research project that will contribute to the scientific, technical, or policy literature.
More information can be found at the STPI website.