Migration Policy Institute Spring Communications Internship
The Migration Policy Institute (MPI) is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank based in Washington, DC dedicated to the study of migration worldwide. MPI and its sister organization, the Brussels-based MPI Europe, work closely with policymakers, researchers, and practitioners to analyze, develop, and evaluate migration and refugee policies at local, state, national, and international levels.
Editorial/Communication interns work with both MPI’s Communications team and MPI’s award-winning online journal. Responsibilities may include:
- Edit multimedia audio and video content
- Fact-check, edit, copy edit, and write articles for publication
- Craft social media campaigns
- Research potential authors and topics
- Assist in the dissemination of MPI publications, press releases, and other external relations materials
- Assist the Communications team in carrying out events-related activities
- Research media outlet contact information for targeted outreach
- Participate in the effort to improve MPI’s websites and social networking sites
- Assist with partial coverage of the reception desk and other light administrative tasks.
Strong editorial, social media, and multimedia skills are required.
A stipend is provided.
For more information, please visit MPI's website.