Institute for Immigration Research Postdoctoral Fellow
The George Mason University Institute for Immigration Research, within the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, is hiring for a one-year, renewable position as a Postdoctoral Fellow.
The successful candidate’s areas of specialization will include immigration, economic, social and political consequences of migration, quality of life, and overall issues related to immigration policy. This position is critical to the success of the Institute for Immigration Research (IIR), requiring the full understanding of and active participation in the mission of the IIR.
- Earned Ph.D.—or have completed it by the start date of the position—in sociology, anthropology, political science, economics, demography, or a related field;
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS;
- Advanced quantitative research skills;
- Excellent written communication skills demonstrated by prior publications; and
- Technical competency to adapt to new technological systems.
To ensure consideration, apply by July 14th, 2017. For more information, visit GMU's website.